CAMLAW GROUP is always ready to provide our clients with the comprehensive advice and appropriate solution to their situation at their time of need with seasonable cost.
Banking & Finance
- Loan facilities and security documents
- Securities business;
- Financial lease;
- Secured transactions;
- Debt collection;
- Debt restructuring;
- Licensing (bank, micro finance institutions and securities firms).
Corporate & Commmercial
We handle corporate and commercial services from highly complex transactions to minor licensing and compliance obligations. Our team represents clients in the banking, insurance, agriculture, telecommunications, manufacturing, retail, and mining.
- Company Registration
- Drafting commercial agreements, including loan and financing arrangements, securitization, mergers and acquisitions and share transfers
- Conducting due diligence on operating entities, assets and licenses
- Obtaining key operating licenses, investment licenses and approvals and state concessions
- Incorporation of operating entities including public and private limited companies, partnerships, branch offices and representative offices
- Structuring, negotiating and executing project finance arrangements
- Tax advice and compliance services
- Acquisition and transfer of good will
We provide assistance to International clients with service related to obtaining Cambodian Visa and Cambodian Citizenship.
- Insurance regulatory compliance;
- Insurance and reinsurance agreements;
- Agreement with external service providers.
- Licensing (insurance, brokers and agents).
Intellectual Property Rights
Our team regularly assists clients with the protection of intellectual property.
- Registration of copyrights, trademarks, industrial design, geographical indication and patent.
- Advice on all aspects of IPR protection and enforcement.
- Enforcement and raid actions.
Labour & Employment
We provide assistance to local and international clients with a view to securing a high level of compliance with legal requirements and the implementation of internal policy helping to enhance the value of human capital resources.
- Labour registration (including registration with the National Security Fund) and compliance;
- Labour due-diligence
- Employment contracts;
- Internal rules;
- Code of ethic;
- Foreign employee (work permits and immigration);
- Negotiations with employee representatives (shopsteward and trade union);
- Labour dispute resolution (individual and collective);
Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
Our litigation team has unparalleled experience before the courts of Kingdom of Cambodia from relatively minor commercial disputes at local level to complex matters before the Supreme Court. We are also at the forefront of the development of both on-shore and off-shore private commercial arbitration and mediation.
- Representation before all levels of the Cambodian Judicial System.
- Conciliation, mediation or arbitration of disputes.
- Advising on off-shore dispute resolution mechanisms and the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Cambodia.
A Notary Public is an official authorized to perform notarial activities required by the legal provisions, or if the parties wish to do so (notarial actions/notarial services).
Notarial actions performed by a Notary Public in accordance with the existing law have the status of official documents.
In Cambodia Notary Public is known as an Officer who is licensed by the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia to perform functions such as the authentication of signatures or documents, and the witnessing of affidavits or statements of persons under oath. Notarization of a document is important as the act of notarization itself creates a guarantee on the authenticity of the document, or to the act of the signatories to the instrument.
Notary service is often required in Cambodia especially by institutions such as Banks, Embassies, Schools or Private organizations, etc or even an individual person to verify the authenticity in both form and substance of documents being presented or submitted. This includes the verification of the actual and personal execution of the notary by a lawyer to the identified person. Examples of documents commonly notarized are bank statements, Loan contract, Securities documents, copy of land title deed, contracts, power of attorney, deeds of sales, academic documents, etc.
Angkor Notary Public (“A.N.C.”) has been authorized by The Royal Government of The Kingdom of Cambodia since March 10, 2016 under Sub-degree No 42 is our partner to provide the notary services to your door.
We provide assistance to investors, developers, managers of real estate projects as well as construction firms.
- Drafting Sale & Purchase Agreement
- Land title due diligence
- Negotiating and drafting security documents including leases, mortgages and hypothec
- Negotiating and drafting land sale and purchase agreements, leases, property management agreements and facilities management agreements.
- Conveyancing and registration of leasehold and freehold title
- Licensing (real estate agent, property valuator, property developer);
- Property service management;
- Special Economic Zone;
- Economic land concession and privatization;
- Land expropriation process;
- Protection of foreign investor;
Tax & Customs
- Establishing tax strategies and plants for new business and investment;
- Tax consulting for real estate investment and individual assets;
- Tax incentive (Qualified Investment Project);
- Merger and acquisition tax strategy;
- Tax due diligence;
- Tax dispute settlement and tax clearance;
- Seeking interpretation on tax registrations and practice with the Cambodian administration;
- Foreign employee tax compliance;
- Local administration tax regime;
- Import & export procedures and requirements.